Increased meal feeding in late lactation has the benefits of prolonging the grazing season, improving cow condition score, maintaining milk volume and keeping lactose levels higher.
Autumn grass has a lower energy value (lower sugar content) compared to spring/summer grass even through it can look very leafy and green. The response to ration in terms of milk yield is better in the autumn than at any other time of the year.
Low milk lactose levels can be an indication of not enough energy in the cows diet caused by low intake of wet, low-sugar, autumn grass.
With the above mentioned in mind, We at Southern Milling are promoting our Lacto 16 Dairy Nut.
- High quality 16% protein nut
- High inclusion rate of maize and top quality native cereals.
- Based on high levels of digestible fibre to promote good forage intakes for dairy cows being fed silage .
- Fully balanced with the correct amount of minerals, vitamins and trace elements.
- High levels of energy to ensure cows improve body condition.
- Aids in keeping lactose levels up.
Contact your local rep for any additional info.